Happy New 2018 Year !!! May each day of the year bring you only tasty, fresh and awesome food. Today, as part of the celebration we are cooking and an exclusive dessert, called Crepe Cake or Cusma lui Guguta or Монастырская изба or Дрова под снегом or you name it. This is a traditional Moldavian dessert someone calls it Russian dessert, someone Ukraine, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter, this is still one of my favorites!
So, let’s get it started – I am very excited, hope you will like it as well. Make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and tools.
Crepe Cake: Ingredients for the Cake
- 1 portion of Crêpes
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- 500g sour cream
- 100g powdered sugar
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Sour Cherries
Crepe Cake: Ingredients for Decoration
Crepe Cake: Tools
Besides the ingredients the following tools are required:
Crepe Cake: Ready, steady, go!
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, and coconut flakes.
- Use the mixture to layer the pan
- Add cherries in a line on top of the crepes and roll them in a tube form
- Repeat the last step and fill the 1st layer of your pan with tube crepes with cherries.
- Use the mixture to layer the pan creating the 2nd layer on top of the cherry-crepes tubes.
- Create more cherry-crepes tubes and fill the 2nd layer of your cake
- Create 1-2 more layers, try to give it a form of a little pyramid using all the mixture.
- Spread either chocolate or cacao powder using a sieve on top of the cake
- Chop walnuts or pecans into small pieces – a bit bigger than grains of salt.
- Spread the chopped pecans on top of the cake
- Leave it for at least 4 hours in the fridge or overnight.
There is a 2 minutes video to give you a visual demonstration on how to prepare the Crepe Cakes, hope you are having fun trying something new and most important enjoy eating it 🙂 Don’t forget to share with me your masterpiece!
Please let me know how do you like the recipe in the comment’s section below. See you soon!
Snack With Mary <3
I am Maria. Mother of three little cuties. Wife. Sister. Food Lover. Passionate cooker. Master Chef.Learn more